On 27 January 2020 the SuperPests Annual Consortium Meeting took place in Montpellier, France, where partners had the chance to review tasks and activities in preparation of the EU Report, clarify technical and/or managerial issues and define the action plan for Y2.
The Superpests Kick-off Meeting took place in the Agricultural University of Athens, Greece, from the 16th to 17th October 2018. The main aim of the two-day meeting was to plan how this project will move forward and develop the structure in which all partners will work.
The External Advisory Committee (ESAC) will be composed of experts (academic and Industry/Stakeholder representatives) that are independent from the project. We have already secured participation of the following individuals to serve as ESAC members should our proposal be successful:
(1) John Picket, Distinguished Research Fellow at Rothamsted (President of the Royal Entomological Society; Fellow of the Royal Society), Foreign Assoc. of the Nat. Acad. of Sciences US), with vast expertise on the development of environmentally-friendly pesticides (role: advice on links research to industry).
(2) Lucia Zappalà, University of Catania, Catania, Department of Agri-Food and Environmental Systems Management (DiGeSA), with vast experience on IPM (role: advice on IPM).
(3) Richard Greatrex: Head of development of Bioline Agrosciences (BA), which supplies a wide range of biological control products for use in Integrated Crop Management programs. The InVivo group is located across the world but its head office is located in Paris (France). (role: industrial developments)
(4) Benoît Barres, ANSES (French Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health & Safety), Unit PPR (phytopharmaceutical product resistance), with vast expertise on pesticide resistance and management (role: advice on IPM and environmental issues).
(5) Thibaut Malausa, INRA, UMR Institut Sophia Agrobiotech with vast expertise on population biology of biological control agents and experience on industry and growers needs through coordination of many EU projects. (role: advice on BCAs in IPM and link of research with industry).